Wednesday, December 6, 2017

#WIPitUP - 12/6/17 - Arrested by Love - Tiffany locks Kyle out of their bedroom #DD #SpankingRomance


WIP: Work in progress.  WIP it up Wednesday is a hop where writers share portions of the project they're working on with readers.  I really like the idea because it allows me to share something that's still in the creative stage as well as work behind the scenes as a prompt to keep me writing. However, today I've decided to also share from my first spanking novel "Arrested by Love," that has been revised, re-edited and given a new cover. Oh, and should I mention that it's also FREE for a limited time?



In Arrested by Love, Kyle and Tiffany have been having problems, but they are attempting a reconciliation after Kyle basically kidnapped her from her home, with her father's grudging approval, and taken her to see a doctor. Tiffany had become very ill during their separation and Kyle is determined to take care of her in every way she needs. Though Tiffany isn't a true submissive, she is trying to smooth things over with Kyle, so she's working hard to keep her bratty tendencies at bay. However, there's only so much a girl can do, and after reminding her she might be pregnant, Kyle makes things worse by threatening her with a spanking if she doesn't behave more responsibly. Her pride wounded by the suspicion she doesn't matter to Kyle as much as the possible fetus in her womb, Tiffany reacts badly to his show of dominance.


Sighing, Kyle decided to give her a few minutes to calm down. He could hear her sobbing, and a part of him felt guilty for punishing her small temper tantrum after she'd been so ill. He had tempered his strokes, making sure she'd feel the slap of his palm without it really hurting her. As punishment, it had been mild, though he doubted she viewed it that way.
After he'd poured a bowl of cereal and a glass of juice for her, he went and knocked on the bedroom door. "Tiffany?"
"Go away," she shouted, sounding more like a petulant child than a twenty-one-year-old woman.
"No. I'm staying." He tried the door handle. It was locked, so he took three more deep breaths. She had locked him out of his own bedroom. All right, their bedroom, but still...
"Tiffany, I'm going to give you until the count of three to unlock this door. If you refuse to do it by then, I will break it down, and you will get twenty more much harder swats than the ones I gave you in the kitchen. Do you understand me?"
"Just go away," she repeated on a sob. "I don't want to talk to you."
"Maybe not, but you are going to, young lady. And I'm not leaving this door until you've unlocked it. Furthermore, I'm going to call someone in to remove all the locks from the doors in this apartment, since I seem to be living with a cranky little girl who uses them inappropriately. You have until three, Tiffany. One."
"You can't threaten to solve every problem and issue we have by turning me over your knee."
"Actually, it's worked pretty well in the past. And I don't believe in fixing things that don't appear to be broken." He heard the door being unlocked but waited to let her settle herself before he entered.

 

Kyle enjoys Tiffany's sass to a point. The fact that she's feeling better has him in a much better mood. And though he's insisting on maintaining a DD relationship with his girl, he gives her as much leeway as his dominance will allow. However, his patience does have limits, and she needs to be more adult now that they suspect she is pregnant. So, her petulant response carries consequences.



M/F, Sexy spankings in rural Connecticut.

If you're 18 or older, you can read the first three chapters at Arrested by Love
You can find the book at Blushing BooksAmazon

Hope you enjoyed the excerpt.  Thanks for visiting.  Now go visit the other authors and see what they're sharing by either clicking one of the links below, or visiting WIP it up Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Did somebody say a free book?! I love those! ;-) I loved your snippet and your new cover for this book is awesome too, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.