Monday, May 6, 2013

The Sun Shines Even When it's Raining #Award #MFRWAuthor


Unbelievably, I have been nominated by M.Q. Barber for the Sunshine Award.  The idea is for bloggers to present the sun-loving flowers to other bloggers who “creatively and positively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Many thanks to MQ for considering me eligible for the award, which I'm sure I do not deserve. I do, however, encourage you to pop over to her website and check out her erotic menage release, "Neighborly Affection: Playing the Game" which is due out in July, 2013 from Lyrical Press.


"Henry opened the door at her knock, casually dressed, for him, in khakis and a short-sleeved green polo shirt that matched his eyes. She let her eyes roam, flirtatiously, because it was Henry, and he was as safe and harmless as they came.

“Looking sharp. Testing out new date threads?” She circled him as he closed the door.

Exquisite. The slacks hugged him enough to remind her of his masculinity but not enough to feel obscene. The shirt draped just so across the breadth of his shoulders. Yum."



Part of the fun with the reward is giving you some information about myself by answering the following ten questions about me.

Favorite Things:

Favorite Color:  That's actually hard for me.  I love shades of blue, but I also love dusky rose.  The basic color of my blog is a deep red, but that's because I wanted to give the hint of the bordello or naughty bedroom.  I like red, but I wouldn't call it one of my favorites.

Favorite Animal: I love baby animals of almost every type.  Even baby birds as ugly as they can look have a certain appeal for me.  As a pet owner, I have always had doggies.  My hubby is not fond of cats, so we've never had one, but we did have four dogs and three birds at one time.  At this moment we have no pets, and the house is quieter and a little more lonely because of that.

Favorite Number: I don't know if I have a favorite number, but supposedly I do have a lucky number related to the day I was born.  Not sure if it's really lucky or not, but according to a Chinese fortune cookie I received many years ago, that is my lucky number.

Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: No doubt about it, Mountain Dew.  It is so bad for me, I now restrict myself to no more than 12 ozs a day, and try not to drink it every day.  However, I love the stuff, and when I discovered they started to sell it in England, I was in seventh heaven when I was there.

Facebook or Twitter: Yikes, I have to choose?  I have met a lot more friends on Facebook than I have on Twitter, but I think Twitter has exposed me to a lot more readers.  So, like a mother torn between picking one child over the other, I have to pass on this one.  It wouldn't be fair.

Your Passion: Like M.Q., I have to say Hubby first, then writing, then reading.  I also enjoy doing things with my hands like Crewel and making promo items.

Giving or Getting Presents: I love to give more than receive.  I like watching my friends' and family's expression when they are opening a gift I especially think they will enjoy.  I get almost more excited than they do.

Favorite Day:  I like quiet days, but my favorite day is one where I have accomplished a lot of things and feel my efforts have been productive.  I like certain holidays as well, but those are time for laughter and friendship, not productivity.

Favorite Flowers: I have to say I love roses both for their hue and fragrance.  Although, I recall the first time I smelled night-blooming jasmine and fell in love with the strongly scented flower.  So, I guess I'm fickle, although I'd still list roses as my favorite.


More Sunshine Makers

Below are the individuals who I feel are deserving of this award, for a variety of different reasons.

Patricia Green: for her helpfulness and willingness to share her personal and professional expertise.
Jenna Jaxon: for the quiet support and loyalty she provides to her fellow authors.
Kayelle Allen: for her unending dedication to helping other authors struggle to navigate the murky shores of marketing and promotion. http://kayelleallen.blogspot.com/
Anastasia Vitsky: for the indomitable spirit and boundless energy she shows in everything she does
Katherine Deane: for her honest, yet humorous exploration into the worlds of publishing and DD,
Renee Rose: for the talent she so willingly shares with others along with her unending optimism and support.
Korey Mae Johnson: for possessing such versatile talents as an author, publisher and graphic artist and excelling in all three at the same time. http://koreymaejohnson.stormynightpublications.com/
Paloma Beck: for unselfishly sharing her knowledge and expertise with other authors without any sign of hubris. http://romancebeckons.blogspot.com
Cara Bristol: for the talent and support she so willingly offers others both off and online
Cassandre Dayne: for her unabashed willingness to try just about anything--once, and her ability to find humor in the situation if it doesn't work out. http://cassandredayne.wordpress.com

I hope you visit all their sites and congratulate these talented women on their varied successes.

Kathryn




4 comments:

  1. Fun answers, Kathryn! I confess, I too had the Mountain Dew addiction for many years. And I love that sense of accomplishment at the end of a productive day ... although I can cheat on it and feel equally productive for having moved a stack of books from the to-read pile to the just-read pile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding me to your list, Kathryn. I'm honored that you would think of me that way. I'll try to get my act together and do a similar post this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination. Will post my answers/nominations in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for thinking of me, Kathryn.
    Good luck with your nomination.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.