Friday, July 18, 2014

#FriskyFriday - 7/18/14 - A Simple Misunderstanding #SpankingRomance #CorbinsBend


It's Friday!  Yay!  And I'm feeling a little frisky today, so I thought I'd share another excerpt from my new spanking romance in the Corbin's Bend series, A Simple Misunderstanding.  Actually, today is a two-fer, since Natasha Knight has graciously invited me over to her blog today, and I'm sharing another excerpt with her. 




He came to her rescue when she needed him most, almost to lose her when she disobeyed him.


In this scene, which occurs in the middle of the book, Eleanor Benson (Elly) is returning to Corbin's Bend with Gerald Douglas (Jerry) after she is released from the hospital, still recovering from injuries she received from her husband.  Unfortunately, she's feeling a little cranky and nervous, so Jerry is receiving the brunt of her displeasure.  He's an understanding and patient man, but he has limits, and Elly is treading close to one now.


An hour later, a mass of butterflies fluttered in Elly’s stomach as she and Jerry approached Corbin’s Bend. “Do you think he’ll be there?” she asked, confident Jerry would realize whom she meant.
“I doubt it. All the same, I want you staying close to the house. No wandering about.”
“Jerry, they didn’t say I had to be confined to bed, and I plan to take Muffin for a walk. I haven’t seen her for so long.”
He pulled over at the next intersection, turned the engine off, and swiveled in his seat to face her. “Elly, you need to take it easy. You were in intensive care only three days ago. Your first day out of the hospital should be a period of rest, not dog walking. Understand?”
“Yes, but—”
“No. I bought Muffin a new bed and brought her into the house with me last night. I was going to move her into your bedroom downstairs. However, if you continue to argue with me about this, I’ll keep her upstairs with me.”
She blinked, then tried to fold her arms over her chest, but that hurt, so she turned away from him. He was trying to control her by denying access to her dog, and she didn’t like that one bit. “Fine.”
“No. It’s not fine. You can’t pick her up and I don’t want her jumping on you, either. I know you well enough by now to guess you’ll try to compensate by giving her attention in other ways. Unfortunately, that’s not possible for a few days, so I need you to do as I say, or I’ll remove all temptation by shutting her in with me and confining you to bed.”
Elly realized it was childish and foolish the moment she considered it, but a part of her didn’t care. Turning her head, she stuck her tongue out at him, then faced straight ahead and stared out the windshield.
He snorted. “Excuse me?”
“You’re treating me like a child.”
“And in what universe is sticking your tongue out acting like an adult?”
“You’re being mean.”
He gripped her chin and turned her so she faced him. “No, Elly, I’m not. It may seem like I am to you, but I have very good reasons for insisting upon my restrictions. I’m not saying these things to control you, or bring you to heel. I don’t work that way.”
She met his gaze. Seeing he was sincere, she apologized, though a part of her resented having to do so. “Sorry.”
“Better. Now, if you want, you may take Jack and Muffin out in the backyard, but no leaving the property and going to the dog park. Not today. Understood?”
“Yes, sir,” she replied, trying to mask the sullenness from her voice.

 

Elly needs to learn that Jerry will not compromise when it comes to her health. However, it's a lesson she's having trouble accepting with grace.




M/F Domestic Discipline in Colorado.

Blurb:

Though Arthur and Eleanor Benson have been practicing domestic discipline for three months since their wedding, he insists moving to Corbin's Bend, where domestic discipline is the norm rather than the exception, will revitalize their marriage. Elly has doubts, but since Arthur is the undisputed head of their household, they move. However, once Arthur becomes immersed in a community where spanking is not only permitted, but encouraged, his personality undergoes a dramatic change. Accusing his submissive wife of being lazy, disorganized and disobedient, he employs creative methods of pain and humiliation to mold Elly from the imperfect woman he married into the perfect woman he desires. And Elly finds herself a virtual prisoner in her own home, accountable only to the man who rules her life with a cane.

In his years as a vet, Jerry Douglas has seen what abuse does to animals, and he recognizes those same signs in Elly Benson during her daily escape to the dog park with her tiny poodle. Jerry steadfastly supports the tenets of domestic discipline and enjoys the freedom Corbin's Bend offers its residents, but he remains fiercely protective of anyone in need of a champion. And when he witnesses evidence of harsh handling, his instinct is to rush in and rescue. Problem is Elly Benson is a married and consenting adult who insists all her bruises and welts are nothing more than a simple misunderstanding between her and her husband, until the day Arthur Benson takes his authority and discipline one-step too far, endangering Elly's life.




A Simple Misunderstanding is available at the following locations.

Blushing Books
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

I will also have a page on my web site where I will be offering a sample of the first three chapters.  A Simple Misunderstanding is currently the only novel in the Corbin's Bend line up, and it's receiving some excellent reviews on the Blushing site.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed the excerpt and have a very Frisky Friday of your own.  Now hop on over and read the excerpt on Natasha's site by clicking http://www.natasha-knight.com/2014/07/spanking-domestic-discipline-love-and.html Go on.  Shoo!

P.S.  I'm also featured on Renee Rose's blog for the Corbin's Bend Blitz, so if you're in the neighborhood, drop over there, too.  Lots of prizes to win and great blogs to visit.  http://blog.corbinsbend.com/2014/07/its-blitz-day-1.html

1 comment:

  1. Your book is next up on my list; I'm starting it this afternoon, in fact. I love the premise. Abuse based upon spanking is not romantic, and it's courageous of you to discuss it. But, judging by the blurb, you really turn it on its head. Wonderful creativity, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.