Saturday, July 19, 2014

#SatSpanks - 7/19/14 - A Simple Misunderstanding - Establishing pain levels #SpankingRomance #CorbinsBend


He came to her rescue when she needed him most, almost to lose her when she disobeyed him.

Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.  

My submission for this week is a sneak peek from my fourth spanking book, A Simple Misunderstanding, a Corbin's Bend novel due to be published on July 16 by Blushing Books.


In this scene, which occurs in the last third of the book, Eleanor Benson (Elly) has moved in with Gerald Douglas (Jerry) after she is released from the hospital, still recovering from injuries she received from her husband.  Jerry insists she stay close to the house and not take her dog walking in the park on the first day she's home.  However, when an older neighbor calls to her from the dog park, Elly disobeys Jerry's instructions and takes their two dogs with her, unaware her abusive husband is lying in wait for her.  When her actions nearly get her killed, Jerry determines Elly needs to learn obedience to him is not optional. After making sure she's healthy enough to withstand punishment, he orders her to stand in the corner.  When he gives her permission to turn around, he's seated on the bed holding a blue plastic thong (shoe, not underwear).  Ordering her to hold out her hand, he gives it a smack with the flip-flop.


            “Pain level 0 to 10. Where would you rate that?”
Elly shrugged. “Zero.”
He rose. “Good. I want this punishment to be more symbolic than painful, since you’re still healing. However, I also need to make an impression, so we’re going to address several of your transgressions at once. We’ll take them in sequence of occurrence. First one. You walked to the dog park after I specifically asked you to go no farther than the backyard.” When she nodded in agreement, he continued. “Second one. You lied by telling me your bruised arm was nothing.”
“It wasn’t important to me. It was ‘nothing’ given what else was happening.”
“Okay. Fair point. However, did you think the injury would mean ‘nothing’ to me?”
“No.”
“No. You realized I wanted to evaluate the damage to your arm, and you refused to let me do so. Correct?”
“I didn’t want you more upset than you already were.”

 

After being abused by her husband, Elly is nervous about entering into another DD relationship, but she's disobeyed Jerry, and despite her stated excuses knows she was wrong to do so.  So she willingly, if not a little regretfully, accepts whatever punishment he decides is appropriate.




M/F Domestic Discipline in Colorado.

Blurb:

Though Arthur and Eleanor Benson have been practicing domestic discipline for three months since their wedding, he insists moving to Corbin's Bend, where domestic discipline is the norm rather than the exception, will revitalize their marriage. Elly has doubts, but since Arthur is the undisputed head of their household, they move. However, once Arthur becomes immersed in a community where spanking is not only permitted, but encouraged, his personality undergoes a dramatic change. Accusing his submissive wife of being lazy, disorganized and disobedient, he employs creative methods of pain and humiliation to mold Elly from the imperfect woman he married into the perfect woman he desires. And Elly finds herself a virtual prisoner in her own home, accountable only to the man who rules her life with a cane.

In his years as a vet, Jerry Douglas has seen what abuse does to animals, and he recognizes those same signs in Elly Benson during her daily escape to the dog park with her tiny poodle. Jerry steadfastly supports the tenets of domestic discipline and enjoys the freedom Corbin's Bend offers its residents, but he remains fiercely protective of anyone in need of a champion. And when he witnesses evidence of harsh handling, his instinct is to rush in and rescue. Problem is Elly Benson is a married and consenting adult who insists all her bruises and welts are nothing more than a simple misunderstanding between her and her husband, until the day Arthur Benson takes his authority and discipline one-step too far, endangering Elly's life.


The Thong - pictured for my European friends

A Simple Misunderstanding is available at the following locations.

Blushing Books
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

I also have a page on my web site where I am offering a sample of the first three chapters. If you're interested, visit either the Spanking Romance or A Simple Misunderstanding page in the Over 18 section of my website.

A Simple Misunderstanding is currently the only novel in the Corbin's Bend line up, and it's receiving some excellent reviews on the Blushing site.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

12 comments:

  1. Great dynamic between them, and a really neat scene, Kathryn! One thing I think you and I have in common is that reason turns us both on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can go with a pain level of zero! That's a fabulous punishment. And thanks for the thong pic. I was totally picturing undies. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a pain level of zero - I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the picture - ROFL when I first started reading that part, you said about a plastic thong and I was wondering why in the hell would anyone want plastic underwear, but within a sentence or two I had worked out it was what we call a flip flop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this (which will be right after I finish commenting, I just ordered it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so lovely and so understanding. I'm so glad that she has him. Great snippet Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I thought undies at first too! :)
    Great excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way he is building trust with her. I like the animation you have too! Great snippet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that he takes into account that she has been hurt, but is still willing to lay down the law.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.