Saturday, October 8, 2016

#SatSpanks - 10/8/16 - Past Interference - Trust doesn't come easily #DD #Spanking


Sometimes you have to break the rules to get what you need.

Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.  

My submission for this week is an excerpt from my new spanking novella in the Corbin's Bend series, Past Interferencethe sequel to A Simple Misunderstanding.  It used to be available only as part of the Love in the Rockies anthology, but is now being sold as a single release.



In this scene, which occurs in Chapter Six, Eleanor Benson (Elly) has made more than a few mistakes, one of which results in her throat being injured when she experiences another run in with her ex-husband.  Having been cleared by the doctor to talk, Elly hesitates to talk through her issues with Jerry. Rather than push her he says he'll go back to work, but she knows it won't get any easier with time, so she calls him back saying postponing their discussion will only make her more nervous than she already was. So, Jerry offers to call into work then get them both a couple of drinks so they can talk undisturbed. Elly thinks that's a good idea until Jerry tells her he discussed Elly's uncertainties over with her doctor and was given the advice that showing was better than telling. 


Elly frowned. “What does that mean — exactly?”
“It means that until I prove to you how Arthur and I differ, you’ll continue to fear the unknown.”
“You’ve already demonstrated your differences.”
“Not in the way that clearly matters to you.”
She shifted a little on the couch. “I don’t think I understand.”
“I think you do, but why don’t you tell me what scares you the most about giving me your vow of obedience?”
She shrugged and took another sip of tea.
“Are you afraid I’ll abuse your trust in some way by asking you to do something you don’t want to do?”
Uncomfortable with the direction this conversation was taking, Elly briefly considered redirecting the discussion to a safer topic, then bit her lip and answered honestly. “A little, I guess. I’m afraid you’ll use my promise to convince me to try something I don’t want to do.”
“Like what?”

 

Aware that Jerry and Marcus were friends, Elly is still uneasy over the fact that Jerry discussed her issues with the doctor treating her.




M/F Domestic Discipline in Colorado.

Blurb:

Valentine's Day in Corbin's Bend.  As Elly Benson readies herself for her second wedding, the doubts and misgivings of any new bride-to-be are exacerbated by the abuse she suffered during her first marriage.


Though she's lived with Jerry Douglas for four months now, and been subject to his discipline more than once, Elly's first husband had been kind and careful with her, too, until the day she vowed to love, honor and obey him.  The lessons she's learned from the past make her doubt she can ever find happiness in the future.


Past Interference is available at the following locations.
I also have a page on my web site where I am offering a sample of the first two chapters. If you're interested, visit either the Spanking Romance or Past Interference page in the Over 18 section of my website.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

8 comments:

  1. Difficult but necessary conversation. Great snippet Kathryn :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great snippet Kathryn. It's so easy to compare people, I'm glad he's patient enough to show her the difference between him and Arthur :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super interaction. You can just see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Like what?" Man, he's really pushing her. Sounds like things aren't boding well for Elly. Fascinating snippet, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so good to push her to really examine her concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great snippet. I love reading scenes in which the Dom/HoH is both patient and demanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand her concern but I don't think Jerry would ever make her do something she really doesn't want to do. They've got some trust issues... but I have a good feeling they'll get past them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this snippet, Kathryn, well done!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.