Wednesday, May 18, 2016

#WIPitUP - 5/18/16 - A Dom's Dilemma - Setting expectations #BDSM #Protocol


He demanded her obedience, but what she wanted was his love.

It's WIP it UP Wednesday, and that means I get to share another teasing excerpt from one of my books.  Yay!


My submission for this week is from my 4th book, A Dom's Dilemma, a BDSM/spanking novel that is sometimes playful, sometimes serious and sometimes terrifying, published by Blushing Books.  Kelly and Jim, the two main characters, were secondary characters in Arrested by Love.  Though this story stands on its own, if you read Arrested by Love, you'll most likely recognize some of the scenes, since we see a little bit of Kyle and Tiffany in this book, too.




In this excerpt, near the end of Chapter Ten, Detective Jim Evans is tending to Kelly Franklin after he's administered an exceptionally harsh punishment for her defiance and disobedience.

An experienced Dom, Jim has no problem punishing a sub when she's been naughty, but Kelly chose to deliberately defy an order after he took pains to stress her disobedience would carry a significant penalty. Unfortunately, Kelly thought he'd forgive her for the surprise visit she decided to pay him at his precinct, which forced Jim to follow through on his promise. Afterward,  he needs to make sure his lesson stuck, since he never wants to be so harsh with her ever again. Though the conversation is painful, Jim wants to ensure Kelly understands he has rules he expects her to obey or suffer the consequences for disobedience.


           
            Kelly turned her face away to hide her tears.  They were back to the D/s rules again.  She had to follow the set guidelines and stay within the finely drawn lines, or she was violating the protocol of their relationship.
            "Kelly….  Hush, darlin'.  I'm not sayin' this to upset you, even though I can tell that I am.  Thursday night I agreed to be your Dom and you said you'd like to be my sub.  So, that is the relationship I am more than happy to have with you.  But, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but it is the only one I am willing to have with you right now.  I think you need a strong Dom to master you, and you've got to admit that we are still gettin' to know each other.  That means I'm establishin' the rules, and you're establishin' your limits, which I'm supposed to keep testin' and pushin' a little."
            "Do you mean 24/7?" she asked, turning to look at him again.
           "Actually, doll, that's not my style, or my preference, but I made some serious mistakes with you last night, and I seem to be makin' more of those same mistakes today, so I think we should stick to protocol until I, as your Dom, determine you are ready to move on to a more relaxed relationship.


Kelly knows she makes a lousy sub.  She has a temper and a mouth that constantly get her into trouble, but despite the harshness of Jim's punishment she sees something in the Dom that makes her want him all the more. Problem is, he may decide he doesn't want her.


M/F, Kinky happenings in rural Connecticut.

A Dom's Dilemma is available for sale at Blushing Books in a variety of formats.  If you'd like to read more, I've provided a 3 chapter preview on my web site's Spanking Romance page.

Available as an eBook or in paperback!

Purchase the book directly from Blushing BooksAmazonARE

Hope you enjoyed the excerpt(s).  Thanks for visiting.  Now go visit the other authors and see what they're sharing by either clicking one of the links below, or visiting WIP it up Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I see a lot of Kelly in my LOL! I wonder if a) Jim will want her and b) whether she can be tamed? My curiosity is piqued! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.