Saturday, May 24, 2014

#SatSpanks - 5/24/14 - Acting Lessons - Kate gets a lesson on phone systems #KissMeKate #SpankingRomance


Peter loved Kate with all his being, but that didn't mean he'd tolerate an ultimatum from her.

Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.  

My submission for this week is from my third spanking romance titled, Acting Lessons
He was a strict and demanding college professor turned professional director who excelled at giving acting lessons.  She was his shy and uncertain former student who became a professional actress under his tutelage.  They fell in love, married, and won two Tony Awards before tragedy struck and a simple kiss ripped them apart.

After a six month separation, Peter Thorton decides to take matters into his own hands by making his famous wife, Kate, an offer she wouldn't refuse.  Plainly put, he wants her back and he intends to do whatever is necessary to achieve his goal, even if it means giving his stubborn, willful leading lady a daily reminder over his knee that she promised to obey him.


Setup: After injuring her knee and spending a few hours in the hospital, Kate ends up sleeping in Peter's bed.  He's taken very good care of her and she's torn between allowing him to continue leading the dance they've started, or leaving before she gets hurt again.  Her heart is still bruised and tender and she's not entirely sure she trusts her ex-husband not to hurt her again.  Though he's warned her to call him before she gets out of bed, Kate decides she needs to be less dependent on him, and more self-reliant.  However, she didn't expect to get caught, either.  Unfortunately, she did, and when Peter threatens to give her a refresher course on his internal phone system, Kate suspects she's dipped into hotter water than she realized.

(Note: this excerpt is longer than usual, but this is probably the last week Acting Lessons will be offered at a discounted price, so thought I'd share a bit more...)


            When she frowned back uncertainly at him, he asked, "What happens if you dial zero?"
            "I don't--"
            Drawing her even closer, he slid his hands down to cup her bottom.  She drew in a sharp breath, but didn't pull away.  "Think, Kate.  Who do you reach if you dial zero?"
            Kate closed her eyes.  "William?"
            "Correct.  And if you dial one?"
            "Consuelo or the kitchen?"
            "Good.  And two?"
            "Your office."
            "Right.  Now, do I need to impress those numbers on you more firmly, or will you remember to use the phone the next time you feel the need to wander about?"
            She risked a glance at his face.  "I wasn't exactly wandering--"
            "Kate…," he warned, the low rumble of his tone making her backside clench beneath his lightly pressing fingers.  Yeah, he was seriously pissed she didn't call someone first, even though she considered her transgression minor and undeserving of a lecture--or worse.  However, arguing with Peter when he was riled was never a wise choice of action.
            "I'll remember," she replied, staring again at the broad chest she continued to stroke.
            "You'd better.  Do that again, and I'll make sure you don't forget a third time."


Once again, Kate is not in an enviable position, and she knows better than to pull the lion's tail when it's growling a warning.
M/F, DD and a staged production of Kiss Me, Kate.

If you're 18 or older, you can read the first three chapters at Acting Lessons

Buy the book directly from Blushing BooksAmazonAmazon UK

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like he means what he's saying. But I don't think she's completely convinced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's careful not to pull his tail, but she thinks she can tame the lion to eating out of her hand. And if he could be tamed, she'd be the one to do it.

      Delete
  2. I find him to be rather patient with her! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now he's being very patient, since she did the very thing he asked her not to do. Not wise of Kate at all, but I understand why she did it. Once burned, twice shy.

      Delete
  3. Poor Kate, she just doesn't think before she acts :D Loved this book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara. Most of my heroines tend to act before they think. Gets them into lots of trouble.

      Delete
  4. I think she needs lesson in acting like a good girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely does, Leigh. And he provides them whenever he thinks they're necessary.

      Delete
  5. Also, we've been hearing so much about medical play lately that I swear that's what I first thought when I saw the inventor's tools at the top of the page. Had to look twice to realize those weren't speculums. *Snort* Anyone else or am I the only perv?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I never considered that, but those would be very painful speculums. Now, I'm going to have trouble getting that picture out of my mind.

      Delete
  6. oh what a fun scene! I loved reading it again- gotta get to writing my review- but I enjoyed Peter talking about the numbers to dial here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes, we get a little too confident if we've been away from punishments for a bit, and we think we're immune. And we get cheeky, until we realize, that's not the case....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do so hope she manages to forget a third time, call me evil, but I'm intrigued to know what the consequences in store might be... ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorites! I had actually re-read this the other day (prob for the 5th time) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.