Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Spankings - September 14 - Mortal Illusions #SatSpanks #Spanking #Vampires


Show me an angry vampire, and I'll show you an unhappy mortal.

NOTE: Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.  

My submission for this week is from my 1st book, Mortal Illusions. A vampire romance published by New Concepts Publishing, Mortal Illusions is currently the first in a series of 3 books.  Its sequel, Fatal Desire, is currently under production.

When Claire Daniels discovers Germaine St. Justine is a vampire, she sets a plan in motion to convince him to cure her brother of AIDS.  Though an innocent in sexual relations, Claire is savvy enough to realize the best way to secure Germaine's support is to enter into an intimate relationship with him.  However, having a vampire take you to bed isn't quite the same as sleeping with the boy next door.  There are complications. And Germaine is dominant enough to add a few more Claire hadn't expected.



In this segment, Claire has sought Germaine out at his private night club for the first time, only to discover his club offers much more than drinks for those with and without fangs.  The day room at Illusions is equipped to administer punishments as well.  While Claire is trying to reconcile with Germaine, one of his vampires enters the club with his mate in tow and demands permission to publicly chastise her.  What no one expects, however, is for Germaine not only to agree, but call for a supporting vote from his council. When the group unanimously agrees to the punishment, Claire doesn't think, she reacts by picking up a stool and striking the punishing vampire, who, unaffected by the attack, grabs her by the arms and demands to know who she is. Germaine answers on Claire's behalf.


            When Phillip didn't lower his arms, Germaine added, “If you wanted to pick a woman to fight over, Phillip, you chose the wrong one.”
            “I see,” Phillip murmured softly as his hold tightened. Claire gazed at him in confusion. She'd expected him to release her as quickly as Auguste had, not hold her hostage.
            “This woman deliberately sabotaged my council-sanctioned method of dispensing justice,” he announced in a voice that carried across the room. “I demand the right to see her punished.”
            “What?” Claire gasped, trying to wriggle free but finding it impossible to break her captor's painless yet unyielding grasp.


Claire has spunk, but throwing items at vampires who are conducting a ritualistic punishment, is not wise under any circumstances, as she is about to discover very quickly.


M/F, Contemporary vampire romance in a society based on D/s.

Read the first three chapters at: Mortal Illusions

Buy the book at NCPAmazonBarnes & Noble or ARe.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

21 comments:

  1. I remember the build up to this scene! YES!!! Thank you. Will she be punished? (she asks grinning, rubbing her hands together in eager anticipation)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you came back to this! But again you stopped too soon! Gah! Go grab the book Tara...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Natasha!
    I am eagerly awaiting her well deserved punishment!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure pick a heck of a place to stop! I really do want MORE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Trent: This is a winning premise, and I like the direction you've taken with this snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. Now you've got me worried. Angry vampires are not to be trifled with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do write spunky women...which I like and do as well. Love that!! I'm sad I missed the prior scene others are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the men arguing while she wonders what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good snippet. The book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh. I had feeling this was going to happen. *Shakes head* Bad news...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have got to find time to read this book. I love the lead in and the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She needs to be punished! Nice snippet;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes, now it’s going to be her turn I think! Great snippet Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Her confusion will soon be alleviated. She deserves it, though. No matter how unpleasant the situation, using the stool as a weapon was a very bad idea. Love your snippets, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "What?" I wonder if a character ever says that without knowing *exactly* what! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. She in big trouble now. Love this snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's hard to feel sorry for her when (I seem to recall) she was warned not to interfere! Tsk! What's a vampire to do? Decisions, decisions. LOL, I really enjoyed this book!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.