Friday, January 11, 2013

Rhonda L. Print has joined us in the bedroom


Rhonda L. Print has graciously accepted our invitation.


Make yourself comfortable, Rhonda, and tell us a little about your new book.

JUSTIFIED is the third book in the Leah Wolfe SINS Novel Series. It’s set in the Arizona desert and brings Leah, Joaquin and Ian together once again. Here’s the blurb:

Leah Wolfe, federal agent for the Supernatural Investigations of Non-Human Species—SINS—is determined to put the pieces of her personal life back together. Her relationship with Ian Nightwalker, her vampire lover and a Marquis in the vampire ruling council, has heated up and is going further than she’d ever thought possible.

When her ex-fiancé, Joaquin Wildhorse calls Leah in the middle of the night and asks her to come to the home of Louis Deveraux, Alpha of the largest wolf pack in the country, her first instinct is to hang up. Until he asks her to bring Ian. Louis has been gruesomely murdered, leaving behind a daughter and a decree that Joaquin is to be the new pack Alpha.

Now as the slain bodies of more shape-shifters start turning up closer to home, Leah’s personal and professional lives collide. She knows who the killer is but legally can’t touch him. She'll need the help of Ian and Joaquin to step outside of the law and stop a killer to protect the lives of those she loves the most. If she can manage that, things just might get interesting.

A most intriguing blurb.  What draws you to write your genre and sub genre?

I love the unlimited possibilities of the paranormal world. It’s the perfect control-freaks venue! I can remember reading romance novels and thinking ‘ I can write that.” I’ve wanted to write forever and when I finally sat down to do it, NIGHTWALKER was born.

Where were you when you got your first book contract? Who did you tell?

I was at home when I got my contract for NIGHTWALKER – A LEAH WOLFE SINS NOVEL and called my husband first, then my best friend. I pretty much shouted it from the rooftops after that!

Are you working on another book?

Nope. I’m working on several. JUSTIFIED was released on October 1st at www.LiquidSilverBooks.com and I’m working on the 4th book in the SINS Series, PHOENIX.




Do you have an excerpt you’d like to share?

Sure do!

“Mmm.” I moaned against his stomach. “I think we should initiate this house properly.” I unbuttoned his pants and slid his zipper down, freeing his erection.
Ian lost patience and ripped my shirt open, buttons flying. I laughed and then closed my mouth over his, still teasing him as I rocked over his erection. Ian’s hands grasped both of my breasts, kneading deliciously as his thumbs caressed my nipples. He took one in his mouth and sucked, causing warmth to pool in the lower part of my body and raising goose bumps of pleasure along my skin. I scissored his hair in my fingers as my body arched back to give him more access. The other nipple got the same treatment before I scooted down and took him into my mouth, my tongue playing along the hard ridge of the head, swirling and suckling until I pulled a groan of pleasure from Ian.
I opened my eyes and looked up at him. His head lay back against the chaise, his hair tousled and sexy as hell. His eyes were closed, mouth slightly open and I could see just the tips of his fangs as his breath came from him in short, quick rasps.

How did you come up with the title?

NIGHTWALKER was titled because my husband suffers from RLS – restless leg syndrome and is up nearly every night walking to alleviate the symptoms. THE ORDER OF CHAOS just totally fit the plot and JUSTIFIED can mean many different things within the book.

Do you work on one project at a time or mulitples?

I’ve always got a plot line swimming around my head. My husband and I went to a seminar once at the Tucson Festival of the Books at U of A and the speaker asked if the characters were talking to me. My response was “How do you get them to shut up!” J 

So, who controls the storyline, you or your characters?
                    
A little of both!

Is there one particular thing that you find challenging about writing?

Writing a series like SINS is much more challenging than writing a single book. When I wrote GUARDIAN I didn’t have to worry if I had the scene set the same and characters mannerisms and appearance the same as in the last book. So I guess the biggest challenge is getting everything in the series books equal to the original novel.

A challenge indeed.  So, what do you enjoy most about writing?

The escape. I love to write something that just lets myself and my readers forget about world politics, report cards, the price of gas and job worries for a little while.

How many books have you written? How many have been published?

I’ve written and published 4 books. NIGHTWALKER: A LEAH WOLFE SINS NOVEL – THE ORDER OF CHAOS – GUARDIAN and JUSTIFIED. I have another 3 manuscripts near completion.


Do you have a favorite character from one of you own books? Who and Why?

I love them all for different reasons. Leah for her strength of character, Ian for his suave charm and Joaquin for the ferocious tenacity.

Do you set timelines when you're writing, or write when the feeling hits you?

I try to write at least a little everyday!

What is your writing day like once you start a book?

I usually writ at night. I just seem to do better then but if I have a house to myself you can be sure I’m at my laptop!

How long does it usually take you to write a book?

Depends. It took me about 9 months to write NIGHTWALKER but that includes tweaking. I’m constantly re-vamping (no pun intended) my manuscripts.

Do you promo your backlists when you’re writing a new book, or dedicate your time solely to writing?

I’m always doing both but I always dedicate the lion’s share of my time to writing.

Okay, if you were a supernatural creature, what would you like to be and why?

So many to choose from but I think a vampire.  The reason I'd choose to be a vampire is for their superior senses, strength and immortality.  Plus, not requiring so much sleep would give me more time to write! J

And what would you say is your guilty pleasure?

I can’t say I really feel guilty about it but coffee and chocolate.

Tell us how readers can best reach you?

I’m just about everywhere but the best starting point is my webpage – www.RhondaLPrint.com

Finally, what tips would you offer a new writer?

Never give up and be open to criticism. Look at each critic as a learning experience.

Always good advice.  Thanks so much for dropping by and congratulations on your newest release, JUSTIFIED.

Buy Links

NIGHTWALKER
eBook

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Fictionwise (multi-formats)

Paperback
Amazon


THE ORDER OF CHAOS
eBook
Liquid Silver Books

Amazon

Fictionwise (multi-formats)

GUARDIAN
eBook 
Liquid Silver Books

JUSTIFIED
eBook
Liquid Silver Books


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.