Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Spankings - August 31 - A Dom's Dilemma #SatSpanks #BDSM #Spanking


She needed his protection, except he insisted on her honest submission first.

Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.  

My submission for this week is from my first BDSM novel, A Dom's Dilemma, published by Blushing Books.


In this scene, Jim, a former Texan who by day works as a police detective and by night lives and plays as a Dom, is in the Velvet Chains BDSM medical station attempting to give his new submissive, Kelly Franklin, an anal exam. When Kelly goes ballistic, Jim suspects fear, rather than brattiness, is responsible for her reaction.  After giving her repeated opportunities to use her safeword, Jim is left with little choice.  She is being disrespectful, defiant and acting like a brat, all of which screams punishment to a Dom.  So, after giving her approximately thirty swats, with twenty for swearing, he attempts to calm his sobbing sub.


            When the last swat was delivered, he pulled her up in his arms and held her while she sobbed against his chest like a broken mechanical doll.  They were large, gasping sobs that made her whole body shake.  He rubbed her back and tried to soothe her, but when she showed no signs of stopping, he knew he'd have to get firm again to bring her out of it.
            "That's enough!" he barked, and she struggled to draw in a calming breath, but even that didn't ease her sobbing.  If she continued much longer, she'd make herself sick, and he couldn't allow that.  So, he wrapped her up in a tight, compression squeeze until her wracking sobs lessened.
            "Even with those last twenty, I didn't swat you near as hard as I should've to cause all this," he scolded, keeping his tone light, but his hold firm.  "You must have an awfully tender butt, girl, because in my world those were mere love taps."  Raising one hand, she clutched his shirt and hung on.  It was the first voluntary movement she'd made since he'd finished her punishment, so he eased up on the pressure and rocked her in his arms.


Though Jim can be strict, he likes a bit of spunk in a sub.  And even though Kelly crossed a line that obliged him to punish her, her sobs are way out of proportion for the spanking he'd administered, which means something else is wrong.


M/F, Kinky happenings in rural Connecticut.

If you're 18 or older, you can read the first three chapters at A Dom's Dilemma 

Buy the book directly from Blushing BooksAmazonARE

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

18 comments:

  1. I love Jim's caring. How sweet. Love tap? I love that detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that was sweet, Kathryn. I love the combination of tender but firm. It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how much attention you pay to the psychology of your characters, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing. You have me wondering what's going on in her head to make her cry that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More, more... what's going on? I can see I have much more reading to do. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering now what's bringing the sobs. Nice bit of tension in the snippet. And he is such a sweet (though demanding) Dom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh..I like how he holds and rocks her. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, he's such an attentive dom! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice I love this snippet, Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the depiction of the broken mechanical doll. Her body just limp, sobs pouring out of her even as he held her and she knew it was over.

    I can't wait to find out what's really bothering her.
    Delightful snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this book. You proved the perfect balance between stern and tender in your Dom here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how she clutched his shirt and hung on, in spite of her upset, she needs him and trusts him. That little line says a lot with so few words. Great snippet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how he's holding her, and I wonder what else has her upset?

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's very smart to realize that there's more to the situation than he can see on the surface. This is a wonderful book. Thanks for sharing a bit this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved it. Jim is very sweet but firm. I like that in a hero:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice excerpt, Kathryn.
    I wonder, is this new sub, untrained, perhaps?
    Why the freak out?
    Hmmmm.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Like a broken mechanical doll." Love that phrase!

    Jim's firm handling of her post punishment is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this Kathryn. I hope we get to see more. I sense the crying isn’t just from the spanking :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.