Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sneak Peak Sunday - March 31 - Deadly Enchantment



An unhappy shape shifter can be a dangerous companion..

Sneak Peek Sunday is a new (at least for me) hop that shares excerpts.  Since I love to share, I thought I would participate.  What we're doing is sharing six paragraphs from a published work or a WIP (work in progress).

My submission for this week is from my 2nd book, Deadly Enchantment.  A shapeshifting wizard romance set in Victorian England published by New Concepts Publishing, 



In this excerpt, which occurs near the end of the first Chapter, Dominic Westcroft has returned from London to discover his home overflowing with unwanted guests.  He is not a happy camper.
.
* * * * *
               Dominic pressed his palms against the gleaming wood of his desk and glared at his sister.  “You did what?” he asked quietly.  Almost too quietly.
            “I invited ten women here for you to choose your bride from,” Regina admitted, taking a seat before him.
            Dominic’s expression turned grim.  “Have you taken leave of your senses?  Should I send Frederick to attend you?”
            “I have no need of a physician, Dominic, and I am of saner mind than you.  You need to marry,” she stated, her tone firm with resolve.
            “I had thought we were finally past this argument, Regina.  Have you forgotten what happened to Felicity?  Do you possess some deep-seated longing to send another woman screaming to her death?”
            Regina held his gaze, but gripped her fingers tightly together.  “No, and though I think it was most noble of you to remain faithful to Felicity, it’s been nearly twelve years now.  It’s time you let go of the past and moved into the future.”
* * * * *

M/F, Shape shifting  wizards.in Victorian England.

Read the first three chapters at: Deadly Enchantment

Available at NCPAmazon and Barnes & Noble

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click the link below to continue your hop Sneak Peek Sunday Wishing you a wonderful journey.


1 comment:

  1. Shape-shifting wizards and period drama? Sounds fun. Nice hook in the excerpt -- now I'm wondering what happened to his wife. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.