Thursday, April 7, 2016

Lessons in Love - 4/7/16 - Pam has to choose #DD #SpankingRomance


She needed a job, he needed a personal assistant. It seemed like a match made in heaven until he laid out the rules he expected her to follow.

Today, I wanted to share a few things about my newest release. First of all, I want to thank several people who helped me bring Pam and Rob's story to life. Kate Richards for her editorial guidance, Celeste Jones for her valuable input and Staci Taylor for overseeing the project to completion.

Next, I'd like to add that Lessons in Love, like most of my books, has a serious side to it, and it's one I'm personally familiar with. Everyone deals with stress in their own way. When I was in college, I didn't handle it well at all, so I started to hurt myself in order to find relief. I realize now that causing yourself pain to relieve stress sounds contradictory if not paradoxical, but a mind in deep depression often seeks resolutions that a saner mind would reject. In Lessons in Love, Rob ensures Pam understands that causing herself injury in any way, for any reason, is not an acceptable course of action. If she has a desire to feel pain, he'll provide her with whatever she needs.



"Lessons in Love" centers around a wealthy business owner who believes in helping his executive admins using politically incorrect, H.R.unapproved, and therefore clandestine, Domestic Discipline techniques.  Since DD isn't for everyone, he does tend to go through admins rather frequently.  However, he also makes sure if they choose not to work for him because of his unorthodox management style, that they are given another suitable position in his company if they wish to stay, or a handsome severance package if they choose to leave.

This excerpt takes place after Pam purposefully cuts herself to ease her tense frustration over Rob's high-handed decision to move all her things to his place without her permission. Though Rob apologizes for not discussing the matter over with Pam earlier, he insists that her cutting is far too serious for him to dismiss without a consequence. He needs her to fully accept that if she needs to feel pain, he'll provide it. However, when he lays three paddles on the edge of her bed and extends a hand to her, Pam shakes her head and takes a step back.



Seeing Rob lower his hand out of the corner of her eye, Pam still didn't face him. She couldn't. Not yet.
"I realize you're scared. And though I don't enjoy inspiring that particular emotion in you, I fear it's unavoidable at the moment."
"Will you have me reassigned if I don't agree?"
"Yes."
She turned to face him. "So this punishment is more important to you than I am?"
He frowned. "No. Not at all, but I need you to understand if you require pain, I am more than willing to provide whatever is necessary to meet that need. Hurting yourself is no longer an open route for you, and this lesson is my way of proving that beyond a doubt. If you refuse to accept my conditions, we can't have a future as a team."
Afraid, but unwilling to sever their connection, Pam rose and walked toward him. He promptly drew his arm around her for a hug and placed a kiss on top of her head.
"Good girl. I do understand this isn't easy for you, but we're in this together. You may see me as the enemy, but I'm not. I want to help you grow and learn, even if the experience is painful."
Pam gave a nod. "I still don't want to do this."
"I realize that. I'd be more worried if you were eager." He turned her to face the bed, and moved to stand behind her with his arms on either side of her, effectively hemming her in as he reached for the paddle on the far left.

 

Pam Weston has worked in Robert Peterson's company for nearly six months as a temp when she is reassigned to the President's office.  She has caught glimpses of Mr. Peterson when she temped on the executive floor, but she never expected she'd be summoned to work for him.  Pam has a criminal record and a murky past, which has made her practically unemployable, and yet now H.R. has assigned her to work for the president of their company, and after her first day she suspects working for Mr. Peterson will be a very different experience.





Blurb:

Pam Weston didn't have many choices as far as employment went. Her prison sentence saw to that. With limited secretarial skills, and an even more limited budget, she never considered herself executive material. So, when she was ordered to report to the CEO of her company as his new personal assistant, she fully expected to be checking out the "Help Wanted" section of the paper before the day was over.

Robert Peterson knew his management style was not HR approved, but he believed in using the stick as well as the carrot. Employing the tenets of domestic discipline, he helped mold his personal assistants into confident women who recognized their own self-worth. Even so, his unorthodox methods were only one of the reasons many considered the position of his assistant to be a revolving door. To Rob's mind, Pamela Weston was perfect for his purposes, though given her past he expected convincing her would be a challenge.



M/F, DD on the executive floor.

If you're 18 or older, you can read the first three chapters at Lessons in Love

Buy the book directly from Blushing Books,  Amazon, or Barnes & Noble

Blushing Books caters specially to those who love spanking stories in all genres.  So, if you enjoy stories with characters who have their bottoms warmed on occasion, for a variety of different reasons, I urge you to pay them a visit. Blushing Books.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope readers enjoy Pam's journey of discovery. Though it is a fantasy, and takes place in an incredibly short period of time (part of the fantasy), the characters seem very real to me, and I'm in love with Rob who has a perfect combination of sternness combined with understanding, and he likes to cuddle.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the upcoming release Kathryn! Great except, he only wants the best for her.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.