Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Guest Blogger Lark LaTroy chats about Time and NeoDruids


I want to thank Lark LaTroy who's graciously agreed to answer all of my nosy questions.  Go ahead and have a seat on my couch, Lark, and we'll get started.

First thing I want to know is what were the challenges you faced (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing your latest book to life?  Mostly logistical, as in finding the time to write. My day job is very demanding, and leaves little time for most of my other interests.

Been there, done that, and I've got the t-shirt to prove it.  What or who inspired your main characters? There are a number of real people that inspire my characters. You can see two of them on the covers of my books. Isobel Wren, and Betcee May are both professional models, and wonderful people. I don't think my stories would have come out as well as they did if it weren't for the muses. There are many more, but you'll have to wait for the books to come out to learn who they are.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? Pantser, totally. I tried plotting out a story once, I'm re-writing it because it came out like crap.

Yikes!  So, when do you write, morning or night? When I find the time is when I write.

Finding time is always a challenge.  If you could have any super power, what would it be? To be able to slip into a second of time, and stretch it out for as long as I need. That way, I could have more time to write.

Good one!  So, tell us.  Did you include any experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?  Well I would hope so. Having been married for more than 30 years, and writing fusion / erotic romance, I have a large pool of experience to draw on for the passionate moments in my stories.

Employing your spouse as a research assistant gets them involved in a good way.  Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?  Again, finding the time to actually sit down and write a whole scene without being called away.

So, who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?  H. P. Lovecraft is probably my favorite, because of how he wrote his baddies. You never actually see them fully, he spurs your imagination, and you fill in the blanks. Scary, very scary when done correctly. Mr. Lovecraft did it the right way.


I love your covers.  Can you tell us who designed them?  The very talented Reese Dante. She took photographs of the muses, and added all the right touches. I couldn't be happier.

Outside of the juggling job, family and writing, what was the hardest part of writing your book?  Other than needing the time, coming up with character names. I tend to overuse certain names, or get stuck on a letter. Names are the bane of my writing.

Do you have any advice for other writers?  Read, everything you can.  Read.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?  Yeah, thanks for the support. I love all you readers, and fear not, there will be more NeoDruids in the future.

Thank you, Lark.  I'm so glad you took the time to drop by.  You've been a wonderful guest.

You can purchase both of Lark's books here in multi-formats:

SP Silver Publishing (Includes Audio and Print versions)
  




NeoDruids Volume I: Druids Dawning:
Mitch Walker is the newest member of The Order. He receives two gifts that he struggles to master. One of these gifts shows him the private desires of his coworker Jill Reese, the woman every man in the office would like to have. Jill has a secret desire for Mitch, and this knowledge distracts the young Druid from mastering his gifts.

As Mitch struggles with his gifts, and feelings for Jill, a serial killer stalks the streets of Boston. He kills at each full moon, in different areas of the city. The Druids learn that the killer is conducting a dark ritual that will plunge the whole world into chaos if completed. Mitch has an added stake in stopping the madman. He knows that Jill will be the final victim, and she'll be the lucky one if the Druids can't stop the killer.

Amazon Kindle:

Barnes & Noble Nook:



NeoDruids Volume II: Here Be Dragons:
Jill Reese joins the ranks of The Order. In a beautiful ritual, she binds herself in marriage to her teacher and lover, Mitch Walker. As they sleep on their wedding night, Mitch has a foresight dream in which he sees a dragon arriving in New England. A dragon that becomes a lovely woman.

Durinllew is from the world of Dragon-Kind. Powerful, beautiful, and naive about the modern world, she has come in answer to the ancient call of the Druids. The problem is, none of the Druids know what she is talking about. The hunt is on to discover who called the strange woman and why.

Kolsomon is also of Dragon-Kind. Stripped of his dragon and banished to our world, he longs for revenge against his own people. If he can steal a dragon from one of his own race, he can enslave the world and finish the war he started long before history began.

The Druids will need all their gifts, including Jill's new ability to become a ghost, if they are to protect Durinllew and our world.

Amazon Kindle:

Barnes & Noble Nook:

Bio:  Lark LaTroy works by day, as a computer systems engineer for a satellite communications company. By night though, Lark is a writer of erotic romance with hardcore plots. Lark fuses together elements of many genres to create the world of NeoDruids.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that, my keyboard is being a pain. Anyway, I want to thank Kathryn for the interview, and the chance to greet some of her fans. I hope you all enjoy reading NeoDruids, as much as I enjoy writing the stories.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.