Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Spankings - August 3 - Mortal Illusions #SatSpanks #vampires #spanking


Show me an angry vampire, and I'll show you an unhappy mortal.

NOTE: Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.  

My submission for this week is from my 1st book, Mortal Illusions. A vampire romance published by New Concepts Publishing, Mortal Illusions is currently the first in a series of 3 books.  Its sequel, Fatal Desire, is currently under production.

When Claire Daniels discovers Germaine St. Justine is a vampire, she sets a plan in motion to convince him to cure her brother of AIDS.  Though an innocent in sexual relations, Claire is savvy enough to realize the best way to secure Germaine's support is to enter into an intimate relationship with him.  However, having a vampire take you to bed isn't quite the same as sleeping with the boy next door.  There are complications. And Germaine is dominant enough to add a few more Claire hadn't expected.



In this segment, Claire has sought Germaine out at his private night club for the first time, only to discover his club offers much more than drinks for those with and without fangs.  The day room at Illusions is equipped to administer punishments as well.  While Claire is trying to reconcile with Germaine, one of his vampires enters the club with his mate in tow and demands permission to publicly chastise her.  What no one expected, however, was for Germaine not only to agree, but call for a supporting vote from his council.  Unfortunately, the vampire who requested the punishment, expected Germaine to protest, not agree....


            Once the woman was securely positioned on the platform, Germaine gave his full attention to Claire. “I warned you we had rules and restrictions you wouldn't necessarily agree with,” he reminded. “Apparently this is one of them. Now do as I say and stand over by Sam while Phillip sees to the unhappy, but necessary, chastisement of his wife. We are waiting, Phillip,” he advised, pointing to the whip Phillip held with open distaste.
            When Phillip reluctantly raised his arm, Claire didn't think, she reacted.
            Desperate to put a stop to the injustice, she grabbed the nearest thing to her--a bar stool.
            As Phillip lowered his arm, Claire lifted the stool.  Rushing forward with it raised above her head, she hurled it at the vampire with all her might.


Claire has spunk, but throwing items at vampires who are conducting a ritualistic punishment, is not wise under any circumstances, as she is about to discover very quickly.


M/F, Contemporary vampire romance in a society based on D/s.

Read the first three chapters at: Mortal Illusions

Buy the book at NCPAmazonBarnes & Noble or ARe.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

14 comments:

  1. Uh oh…I think she’s about to find out first hand what happens. Yikes Great snippet Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) That made me giggle - I want to hear the next eight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, yeah, the consequences here are not going to be to her liking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing good can come from her actions. My guess is that she finds herself in the wife's place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Threatening a supernatural spanko with an article of furniture over which one could then be tied. . . brave, but not smart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...bad choice Claire. Danger. Warning. Yikes.

    Can't wait to see what happens next. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. hm throwing a stool at a vampire... now that's an image :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. uh oh. I don't think that's going to go well for her...

    ReplyDelete
  9. If Only I had the guts!!

    I'll have to read this. I should have heeded the "You'll go broke if you get on the #SatSpanks Train.

    My must read list is flooded!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is quite the highly-charged scene. I must confess to not having read much supernatural kink (not big on vampires) but I can see in this little moment how such things could be powerfully affecting. (That is, hot and kinda thrilling in all those special places). The idea of a super-powerful Dom, basically invulnerable... it feels like an amplification of the normative D/s dynamic... very interesting...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...someone is in lots of trouble now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my is right, Sue, but I'd probably do the same thing. I do tend to react before thinking. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not good. Definitely not good. A spanking is certainly called for. Wonderful action sequence, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. While I was anxious to see what Claire would do... I got to the four letter word and my mind stopped... whip. After that I just couldn't stop thinking about it. What kind did you say it was? Yummy snippet.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.