Friday, May 3, 2013

Daryl Devore Talks about Capri's Fate #Interview @DarylDevore #Fantasy


It's Friday, and I've got a special treat to help your start your weekend.  Daryl Devore has dropped by to talk about her new erotic fantasy romance entitled Capri's Fate released on April 25 by New Dawning Bookfair.

We'll talk more about Capri's Fate a little later, but right now Daryl, I want you to wave to the folks and say "Hi."

Hello everyone. I'm happy to be here today.

"All right," Kathryn says, rubbing her hands together.  Let's get to some juicy details.

First thing I want to ask: how long did you write before you were published?
I started writing when I was in high school, but I won't mention what decade that was.

High School, eh?  Surely that must have been only a few years ago.  How long did it take you to write your current book?
Capri's Fate took months. She had a mind of her own. When I wrote the opening line, I had a direction the book was going and then the characters took over and that was that. I did manage to get them under control, but it took a lot of rewrites.

I totally understand the problems an author encounters when characters decide they're in charge.  What sort of research did you do for your book?
I had to do a lot of research for this one. I researched private jets, luxury yachts, fine wines, komodo dragons and corporate hierarchy.  There are some pretty incredible private jets out there!

Gee, that must have been tough, but it's good to learn you're a perfectionist.  Where do you write?
In my chair, next to a window over looking a field with my laptop. Or in my car, at a stoplight or on the shoulder of the road when a incredible idea hits me. Or in the hot tub. Let's say, just about anywhere.

Versatile, eh?  When do you write, morning or night?
Usually I start in the morning, but I can be a night owl. I've had email mail conversations with my cp on the west coast and I live on the east coast and it was after supper for her.

I'm a night owl myself.  So, tell us, what are you currently reading?
A Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I found the book from the late 1800s of his, in a little old book shop. He wrote it before he started Sherlock Holmes.

I love Sherlock Holmes and I'm enjoying Benedict Cumberbatch in the modern day British series "Sherlock."  How did you come up with your title?
This one just happened. I may have had the title before the story.

Titles usually don't come that easily for me.  What are your current projects?
I have a partially written erotic, medieval fantasy – working title – Dragon Fire. There is a prince, a bewitched wench and a dragon and since I'm on chapter two, that's all I've got so far.

 LOL.  What was it you said about characters taking control?  Even so, Dragon Fire sounds like something I'd enjoy.  Now, I'd like you to name one entity (person, place or thing) you feel supported or inspired you outside of your family members.
My cps – that's one entity even though it is more than one person.

Critique partners are invaluable.  Who designed your cover?
The cover for Capri's Fate was designed by Kayden McLeod and I love it.

Great cover, especially with the moon.  Now that you're an established author with at least four titles published, do you have any advice for other writers?
It's romantic to think, "I'll be a writer," but it's amazingly hard. Criticism – well-intentioned or not – is hard to take. The market is massive and it is so hard to break in. There has to be a passion inside you that is willing to put up with being rejected and criticized, yet still drive you back to your laptop to keep writing.

Lastly, do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love hearing from my readers. A few fans have contacted me and that was great. You can Twitter or Facebook me. I don't bite. I'd love to learn what you liked or didn't like in one of my stories.

If you want to contact Daryl directly, you can reach her at any of the following places:
Google+:: Daryl Devore

Daryl, thank you so much for joining us.  Now I'd like to tell our readers a little about Capri's Fate.



What's a woman to do when a voice follows her home and makes mad, passionate love to her?

Corporate business woman, Capricious Gray, is dragged to a sex toy convention by her best friend. Once a shocking, mysterious disembodied voice helps her with her purchases, it follows her home. Passion ensues, leaving Capri torn between lust for her fantasy lover and the desperate need for reality in her life.

Thall, son of one of the Fates, harbors the irrepressible need to be with the woman he's desired from afar for years. In order to make her his, once and for all, he must help Capri get past her fears, including the fear of what he represents - a fantasy.

Can fantasy become a reality for these two lovers?


You can purchase Capri's Fate at the following locations
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/309990
All Romance eBooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-capri039sfate-1172391-140.html
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Capris-Fate-ebook/dp/B00CJ1I6Y0


26 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me spend the day on your couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining me. You can be a guest here anytime.

      Delete
  2. Great interview, Daryl! I read an excerpt the other day--very hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry D'Ann. Somehow your comment ended up in spam. When I saw your second message I checked and released both your comments. Thanks for dropping by--twice!

      Delete
  3. Good interview - learned a few things about Daryl I didn't know. I agree that Capri's Fate has a wonderful cover! Love the sound of Daryl's new WIP....she had me at dragon....lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to you at dragon - love it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Dragon's Fire--love it.
    I have C.F--I have all D.D's books.
    Man, I hear ya on characters taking the reins and changing the direction of your original idea of the story. It's good, but also a pain, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Brenda.

      Delete
  5. This is such a fantastic premise for a book! I love the idea of being made love to by a disembodied voice. The logistics alone are mind-boggling. :) This one is tops on my summer reading list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mind boggling is right - I looked at my laptop as I was about to write the scene and said - How the heck did I get myself into this mess!!!!

      Delete
  6. Private jet and luxury yacht research? You poor thing. LOL Great interview and congratulations on your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great...now I want to do personal research on luxury items. I wonder if that'd be a tax write-off.... Great post, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun interview, Daryl. I like Sherlock too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How'd you get this story by your editors. A voice makes love to her. That breaks all the rules! lol

    I love people who break rules.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daryl, gorgeous cover and I love your advice for writers, we definitely need a reminder every now and then just to keep us sane in this industry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview! Maybe my comment will stick this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - I'll go check. It still wasn't there the last time I looked.

      Delete
  12. Lovely interview. I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ella. We appreciate your visit, and your comment, and love the fact you tweeted, too.

      Delete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.