Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sneak Peek Sunday - August 4 - Deadly Enchantment #SPeekSunday #Shifter #Magic



An unhappy shape shifter can be a dangerous companion....

For Sneak Peek Sunday authors share six paragraphs from a published work or a WIP (work in progress).


My excerpt for this week is from my 2nd book, Deadly Enchantment.  A shapeshifting wizard romance set in Victorian England published by New Concepts Publishing, 




In this snippet, which occurs near the end of the first Chapter, Dominic Westcroft has returned from London to discover his sister has invited several young women to his home, so he can select a new bride.  Except, Dominic has no intention of ever marrying again.  His fury with his sister's interference manifests into a green trail of hot smoke that he purposely directs away from her.  Seemingly sentient, the tendril snakes through the ceiling and the floorboards of an upper room where the women are waiting.  When Serena intercepts the smoky trail, she and Dominic are briefly connected on a psychic level, and Dominic instantly realizes one of their guests possesses magical abilities she doesn't want them to know about.


            “That is not possible,” Regina contradicted with a firm shake of her head.
            “I fear it’s not only possible, but a fact.  I felt the woman’s powers just now, and she’s quite strong, both in mind and spirit.  And the moment she realized I had connected with her, she jerked back from my presence quicker than a rabbit escaping a fox.”
            “Do you know which one it is?”
            Dominic merely arched a brow.  “Since I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting any of these paragons of virtue, that would be rather difficult for me to ascertain, would it not?”
            “Do you believe she’s here to cause trouble?”
            “That’s exactly what I intend to find out.  Invite all the young ladies to join me for dinner, and I’ll create a test to see if we can expose our wolf hiding among the sheep.”


Though their brief connection nearly robbed Dominic of breath, it was enough for Serena to determine she'd been touched an angry, masculine presence, which she recognized and recoiled from at the same time
M/F, Shape shifting  wizards in Victorian England.

Read the first three chapters at: Deadly Enchantment

Available at NCPAmazonBarnes & Noble or ARe

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click the link below to continue your hop Sneak Peek Sunday.  Wishing you a wonderful journey.


1 comment:

  1. Now this makes me wish to read a lot more. Great sample.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.