Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday Spankings - August 24 - Mortal Illusions #SatSpanks #Spanking #Vampires


Show me an angry vampire, and I'll show you an unhappy mortal.

NOTE: Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.  

My submission for this week is from my 1st book, Mortal Illusions. A vampire romance published by New Concepts Publishing, Mortal Illusions is currently the first in a series of 3 books.  Its sequel, Fatal Desire, is currently under production.

When Claire Daniels discovers Germaine St. Justine is a vampire, she sets a plan in motion to convince him to cure her brother of AIDS.  Though an innocent in sexual relations, Claire is savvy enough to realize the best way to secure Germaine's support is to enter into an intimate relationship with him.  However, having a vampire take you to bed isn't quite the same as sleeping with the boy next door.  There are complications. And Germaine is dominant enough to add a few more Claire hadn't expected.



In this segment, Claire has sought Germaine out at his private night club for the first time, only to discover his club offers much more than drinks for those with and without fangs.  The day room at Illusions is equipped to administer punishments as well.  While Claire is trying to reconcile with Germaine, one of his vampires enters the club with his mate in tow and demands permission to publicly chastise her.  What no one expects, however, is for Germaine not only to agree, but call for a supporting vote from his council. When the group unanimously agrees to the punishment, Claire doesn't think, she reacts by picking up a stool and striking the punishing vampire.


             The stool struck Phillip's shoulders and bounced off, as if he were made of concrete, then crashed to the floor.
            Phillip, who barely flinched, merely spun on his heel and caught Claire by the arms.  Claire cried out in surprise rather than pain, since for all his speed and strength, Phillip's grip was amazingly gentle.
            “What the . . . Who the devil are you?” he asked, clearly stunned by Claire's unorthodox protest to the official proceeding.
            “The lady you're touching is Claire Daniels, and she's mine, so I suggest you let her go--now,” Germaine advised, his tone hinting at dire consequences should his warning go unheeded. “If you wanted to pick a woman to fight over, Phillip, you chose the wrong one.”


Claire has spunk, but throwing items at vampires who are conducting a ritualistic punishment, is not wise under any circumstances, as she is about to discover very quickly.


M/F, Contemporary vampire romance in a society based on D/s.

Read the first three chapters at: Mortal Illusions

Buy the book at NCPAmazonBarnes & Noble or ARe.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

19 comments:

  1. And just what do vampires do when they are upset with the woman they care for? I'm really looking forward to finding out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the words ritualistic punishment, there's such a feeling that goes with it. I've read bits of this scene but don't know what leads up to this. Or where it's about to go! But first, I'm getting to know Peter from Acting Lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh his words are deliciously possessive. protective and passionate all at once. My kind of hero. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feel of initiation, Kathryn; the sense that Claire just has absolutely no idea what she's in for comes through really strongly even in a snippet this brief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Interesting. Can't wait to see what happens next. I love it when a man (or a vampire) publicly stands up for a woman who is wrong -- but then privately takes her to task.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had me at "she's mine". Wonderful snippet that leaves you wanting more... Now. Lucky for me it is already on my Kindle and can now go off and happily re-read what happens next.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I love the "she's mine" possessive stuff. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great snippet. I bet the other vampire will be backing off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sassy spunky heroines. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being fought over by vampires? Lucky heroine! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, I love possessive vampires!
    Well done, Kathryn.

    I can't wait to see what he does when he gets her alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Given their history, I can understand Germaine's reaction, but Claire is definitely going to pay for her little act.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love a possessive man, but make him Dominant too and he is my hero.

    This is a great scene Kathryn. I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Standing up for women in public that you know your are going to take in hand in private is just dominance to the Nth degree. Not to mention smoking hot. Thanks for the yummy snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw, I love that he stood up for her. He just won my thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm do vampires spank when their women put themselves in danger? I have a feeling she might have just bought herself a doozy of a spanking. Throwing a stool at a vampire is pretty dangerous to your health don’t you think? Great snippet Kathryn. I LOVED it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her behavior was clearly unwelcome, but Germaine is going to have to give her "what for." It won't be Phillip's job. I'm thinking maybe she's not going to like it much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. intriguing. I love Germaine stepping into the situaiton

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.