Thursday, August 29, 2013

Guest Post - Mary Sue Wehr discusses "Her Heart's Desire" - Writing @marysuewehr #menage

I'm so pleased to have conned, I mean invited, Mary Sue Wehr to join me today.  She writes sexy menage with a lot of heart.  Come sit next to me on the comfy sofa, Mary, and tells us all about your, I mean "Her Heart's Desire."

Hi Kathryn. Thanks so much for hosting me. ‘Her Heart’s Desire’ is my second book in what I call my ‘Heart Series’. My first, ‘A Heart’s Endeavor’ was about state trooper Jack Horan and widowed Melanie Manning.  Melanie, Sara and Stacy work together in a small but busy convenience store. I decided after ‘A Heart’s Endeavor’ was published that I’d give Sara and Stacy their own story. These three books can be standalones.

Readers love series, though, including me.  One of the questions many readers want to know is how long did you write before you were published? Let’s see. I started my first book many years ago but set it aside when I became pregnant with my daughter. That book was shelved for a long time. I finally finished it in 2010, but it was rejected so I started ‘A Heart’s Endeavor in 2011.


I had a similar experience.  How long did it take you to write your current book? About six to eight months. I really should set a schedule for myself, but there are times when I don’t feel like writing and if I force myself I make too many mistakes.

My muse likes to strike when I need to be doing something else.  She's perverse that way.  So, when do you write, morning or night? It really depends on the season. I guess that sounds weird, but during Spring and Summer I love being outside. I usually don’t write much during the warmer weather. When the colder weather moves in I like the evening.

Writing outdoors in nice weather is almost a guilty pleasure for me.  Where do you write most often? I love to sit in the living room by the window. When I get stuck on a scene, I set my pc aside and watch the animals scurrying around the yard. I’m an animal lover, J


I'm an animal lover, but I'm also easily distracted.  Squirrel....  Sorry.  Do you gather inspiration from real life events, and if so, did anything specific inspire you to write your first book? I used to work as a cashier. I got to know a lot of really nice people. Some would share their problems. I guess they needed to vent and I didn’t mind listening if we weren’t busy. So many, especially women, were on medication for depression and most of them said they felt guilty because they needed a pill to help them get through the day. I wanted to let readers who also suffer with depression to know that it’s okay to take pills and that there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Depression is an insidious condition since it disguises itself as fatigue.  Very sneaky.  So, is there a message in your novel you'd like readers to grasp? Yes! Do whatever makes you happy and don’t worry about what other people think.

Good motto.  I should make a sampler with that on it.  So, how did you come up with your title? Since my heroine, Sara, was in my first book I wanted to keep the word ‘Heart’ in the title. I also have a WIP with another female character that was also in ‘A Heart’s Endeavor. The working title for that one is ‘Heart’s Deception.


 And that leads me to my next question.  What are your current projects? LOL, I’m bouncing back and forth between three stories right now. I’ll be busy this Winter when it’s too cold to be outside and especially when it gets dark around 4pmL

Three projects at once, very ambitious.  What genres do you write besides ‘Ménage’? My first book, A Heart’s Endeavor, is Contemporary/ Erotic and my second book, Callie’s Reckoning, is Contemporary/Domestic Discipline. Those are both m/f.

I notice you stick to the contemporary time period.  Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? A lot of times I mess up with POV (point of view). That’s my challenge. If it hadn’t been for Pamela Tyner (Beachwalk Press) pointing that out I’d still be making the same mistake. I still mess up but not as bad. J



Now for a little personal dirt.  Tell us your best guilty pleasure (and by best I mean worst, of course.) Soft sugar cookies from the local Giant. Yum. I can’t buy them anymore because I’ll devour the entire box in one day. LOL. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to those cookies.

I'm so glad you could join us, Mary.  Before I let you go, do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Yes. Thank you all for buying my books and leaving such wonderful reviews. Be sure to connect with me on facebook and we’ll share a chuckle or two. J



Will the shame of her mother’s betrayal prevent Sara from having her heart’s desire?

Sara Martin spent her life longing for two things—less responsibility and the boy next door. When Cade Dalton finally noticed her, she was thrilled. But when he suggested a threesome with his brother, she knew the rumors she’d heard were true—Cade and Reese Dalton shared women, something Sara despised. Her mother had chosen a life of sordid sex with two men over her marriage, leaving a broken ten-year-old girl behind. No way was Sara going down that road. She was happy to comply with Cade’s dominant tendencies, but she would not stand for any “sharing” in the relationship.

To her surprise, Cade agreed to give up his lifestyle in order to be with her. He swore to never again bring up the idea of a threesome, insisting that having Sara as his wife—and the Head of Household arrangement they’d come to—was more than enough to make him happy.  

But six months into the marriage Sara’s brother-in-law was beginning to look mighty fine. She regretted passing on the chance to be between the two sexy Dalton brothers, but after her violent reaction to Cade’s suggestion she was too ashamed to admit she had changed her mind. And too ashamed to admit she wanted the same sordid lifestyle her mother had chosen.  

Content Warning: strong language, spanking, and graphic sex, including anal sex
Genre(s): Erotic Contemporary Romance/Ménage

Buy Links:


You can find Mary at the following locations:


Website/Blog: www.marysuewehr.com

4 comments:

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.