Trevann Rogers is visiting today to share an excerpt from her novel "House of the Rising Son" as well as an interview with her hero who falls for a half-mortal sex demon.
The blue-gray glow of the synthesizer’s lights increased with the music’s crescendo and tugged him to the edge of his seat. The beginning of a show was one of his favorite parts. He was also partial to the middle and the end.
But Alexander didn’t applaud and stomp and scream in anticipation like the rest of the crowd. He was grateful to be able to keep his composure, but the truth was, it was all he could do to remember to breathe.
With a burst of light and a thunderous chord, Cheyenne appeared at center stage, arms out from his sides. An ethereal white light illuminated him. A rock and roll messiah.
Sex. Rebellion. Rock and roll.
Living After Midnight, Book 1
Cheyenne is a half-human incubus whose star is on the rise in the Unakite City rock scene. His father, the leader of the supernatural races, would prefer he keep a “low profile”, but screw that. Cheyenne has as much music in his veins as royal incubi blood.
Alexander's future is all set—finish law school, join the family firm, and marry someone who'd be good for business. Not that he has a say in any of it. He's barely met the woman his father expects him to marry.
As Cheyenne's musical career takes off, his carefully constructed life begins to unravel, exacerbated by an ex-lover who can't let go, a crotchety barkeeper with a dirty mind and a pure heart, a drag queen who moonlights as a nanny, and Alexander—who's not sure if he's falling for the incubus or the rocker.
Cheyenne denies who he is, while Alexander hides what he wants. Together, they learn that getting what they truly want means being who they truly are.
About the Author:
Trevann Rogers writes urban fantasy and LGBT paranormal romances. Her stories incorporate an unquenchable addition to music and her love for vampires, Weres, incubi and rock stars. Like these elusive creatures, Trevann learned long ago that sometimes being yourself means Living After Midnight.
Character Q&A: Alexander Davison
1. Nickname ~My family calls me Alex but I prefer Zander
2. Job ~ Attorney
3. Level of schooling, or self-taught ~I have a law degree
4. Birthdate ~August 1
5. Birthplace ~Connecticut
6. Currently residing in ~Unakite
7. Favorite type of pet ~dogs
8. Favorite place to visit ~Night clubs
9. Significant other ~Cheyenne
10. Most important goal ~Keeping Chey safe
11. Worst fear or nightmare ~Being stuck in an office job
12. Favorite food ~Pizza
13. Wealthy, poor, or somewhere in between? ~Wealthy
14. Secret desire or fantasy~ Being more than a disappointment to his father
15. What would you do if you won the lottery? ~Stop practicing law. I really hate it.