Saturday, August 8, 2015

#SatSpanks - 8/8/15 - Mortal Illusions - Sanctioned torture - #vampires #paranormal





Show me an angry vampire, and I'll show you an unhappy mortal.

NOTE: Reading this material at Work could get you spanked.

Welcome to the Saturday Spankings blog hop.  My stories are all M/f with the dominant male determined to protect the woman he cares for and loves, or grows to love, by doing whatever it takes to ensure her safety and continued health.  This includes administering a spanking when she needs one.
  
My submission for this week is from my 1st book, Mortal Illusions. A vampire romance published by New Concepts Publishing, Mortal Illusions is currently the first in a series of 3 books.  Its sequel, Fatal Desire, is currently being revised.

When Claire Daniels discovers Germaine St. Justine is a vampire, she sets a plan in motion to convince him to cure her brother of AIDS.  Though an innocent in sexual relations, Claire is savvy enough to realize the best way to secure Germaine's support is to enter into an intimate relationship with him.  However, having a vampire take you to bed isn't quite the same as sleeping with the boy next door.  There are complications. And Germaine is dominant enough to add a few more Claire hadn't expected.



In this segment, Claire and Phillipa are witnessing the trial of Sybill, a mortal female accused of approaching another group for the purpose of requesting transformation.  A procedure which Germaine's group expressly forbids.  In addition, she was observed relating vampire activities to an outsider, and going so far as to encourage her companion to seek out the mortal constabulary. The vampire responsible for Sybill claims to know nothing about her illicit activities and effectively removes his protection, leaving her fate for Germaine's council to decide. However, when the men move in to tie the other woman down to keep her from hurting herself, Claire starts to get very worried and wants to intervene, but can only watch with quiet dread as one of the vampires sticks a two inch needle into the mortal prisoner's neck. Sickened, Claire demands to know what the drug is going to do to the woman.


            Germaine turned at Claire's question and strode over to her.  Fear kept her rooted where she stood, but it took all of her will power not to recoil from him in horror.  He either didn't notice her terror or didn't care.  His hands hard on her arms, he gave her a small push toward the door.  “I want both of you out of here, now,” he ordered.  “And if you argue with me, Claire, so help me, I'll....”
            Torn between her conscience and her revulsion, Claire turned and gripped his hands.  It was more a plea for reassurance than affection, but he seemed to understand as he gently squeezed her fingers in response.  His expression, however, displayed no gentleness.  Backing up a step, Claire stared at the man she loved, assaulted by conflicting emotions.  “I thought I knew you, but I guess I was mistaken."


Claire is discovering just how different vampires are from mortals. Afraid she's fallen in love with a man who will only break her heart, she's about to learn how dangerous her position actually is.

M/F, Contemporary vampire romance in a society based on D/s.

Read the first three chapters at: Mortal Illusions

Buy the book at NCPAmazonBarnes & Noble or ARe.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click on one of the author's names below, or visit The Saturday Spankings Blog to continue your journey.

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, lots of tension in that scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gripping! You had me hooked, wanting to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire stared at the man she loved, assaulted by conflicting emotions. Great line from a wonderful book. Recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those vampires.... so much tension. I loved this snippet! Such a great use of 8 sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the tension, the mistrust and the trouble that is going to result from that scene. I have a feeling Claire is going to obey him, though. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy. I wonder what's going to happen to Claire. It sounds like she's in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, what tension. I want to know what happens next! -Alexis Alvarez

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm... For her own peace of mind, I think Germaine doesn't want Claire to witness what comes next. There is a caring soul in there after all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful gripping scene Kathryn. The tension was palpable. I love the tiny flash of reassurance from Germaine.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very tense. What's going to happen next?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.