Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Guest Post - 3/10/15 - Rayanna Jamison - A Perfect Partnership #CorbinsBend #SpankingRomance

Rayanna Jamison is back to share another excerpt from her Corbin's Bend novella "A Perfect Partnership." 

For those of you unfamiliar with the series, A Perfect Partnership is the second to the last book in the second season of Corbin's Bend. It takes a background character from Rayanna's second Love Multiplied book, and plunks him down in Corbin's Bend.

Before we get into the juicy details, I asked Rayanna how many books she has written to date and if they were all spanking fiction.  Her answer surprised me. 

I have written five books. They are all spanking fiction. I wrote all five in 2014, and I hope to write eight in 2015.

I'm in awe of authors like Rayanna.  Though I may work on more than one project at a time, I usually don't have more than one book published a year.  Five?  Yup, definitely in awe.

Now, sit back, relax and enjoy as we take another journey to Corbin's Bend.


Excerpt:

“Excuse me, Ma’am, Miss?” Josiah saw his opening, and took it. “Is everything okay? I couldn’t help but notice that you seem rather upset.” He crossed to the bottom of the steps in two long strides and peered up at her.
“I’m fine!” she cried, refusing to look at him.
He raised his eyebrows, contemplating his next step. These rumors he had always heard about redheads having the worst tempers, were undoubtedly true, if he counted tonight’s events as evidence. She was the second redhead tonight to yell at him in the span of twenty minutes, regardless of the fact that he was a perfect stranger and a cop to boot! And all he had done was offer his assistance! He chuckled to himself. Truth be told, he wasn’t turned off by her apparent attitude. To the contrary. This woman needed a spanking in the worst way, and somehow, someday, he vowed that he would be the one to give it to her.
“Okay, then, if you’re fine, I’ll be on my way,” he said cheerfully, spinning on his heel, and turning in the direction of his cop car.
“No-Wait!” He could hear her sigh in frustration over having to ask him for help.
“Yes?” He questioned, with a smirk over his shoulder at her, still heading towards his car.
“Hey! You asked if you could help! I said yes! Why are you getting in your car?” She ran down the steps to catch up with him, just as he opened the driver’s side door and got in. “You’re really something- you know that? You ask if I need help, and then, you get in your car and leave! Fine! Whatever! I don’t need your help anyway! Just go-you-you big jerk!”
She attempted to slam his door shut, but Josiah grabbed her wrist, amused at her little rant. She was seriously close to seeing the error of her ways.
“One- I asked if you needed help, and you declined my help. In fact, not only did you refuse me, but you yelled at me, which might I add, is incredibly rude to do to anyone who offers you help, but especially to someone you just met.”
“Let go of me!” Laney yelled, attempting to break away from his grasp. “It’s also incredibly rude to grab onto people you just met! Let go, now you big oaf! Or- Or- I’ll call the cops!”

Josiah quirked his brow at her. “I am the cops,” he told her evenly. “Did you not notice my spiffy blue uniform or this fancy white car with lights on top?” He couldn’t hide the amusement in his voice as Laney stood there sputtering. She had no response for that one, so he continued. “Number two- I’m not stupid. It’s obvious, even to a big jerk like me, that you left your keys somewhere. I’m guessing in your car, which judging by the fact that you came home in a cab, and you’re a little bit tipsy, is at a bar somewhere. Now, my shift is rather quiet tonight, so, I’m offering you a ride to get your keys. Now, get in the car. Unless of course, you want to wait for your cousin to get home, from her restaurant which someone apparently forgot to lock up properly tonight, causing the doors to blow open in the storm, causing a cop to come knocking on their door at eleven o ‘clock at night, just in time to see your cousin in the corner with a very red bottom. In case you can’t guess, she’s more than a little mad at you, and she should be pulling in any moment. So, unless you’d really like to be here for that shit-storm, I suggest you get in the car.”


Blurb:

Josiah Jefferson left the polygamist community he grew up in to make a new home in Corbin's Bend. He wanted to find the one  woman he could love and spank for the rest of his life. When a summer storm blows beautiful Lannea Paulsen into his life, he sees it as fate and never looks back.

Lannea Paulsen, better known as Laney to everyone but the stubborn Josiah, has had two goals since she moved to Corbin's Bend last year. Save enough money to buy half of The Ginger Paddle, the sushi restaurant she runs with her cousin, and find a strong dominant man who is willing and ready to take her in hand in every way possible.

When Laney puts the business in jeopardy, Josiah comes to the rescue. One thing leads to another and they find themselves in a tumultuous platonic  DD relationship. Sparks fly  as they both refuse to admit the depth of their true feelings. Will they settle for less than they desire or will they chase after everything they have ever wanted?

Buy Links:


You can visit and learn more about Rayanna at these sites:

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of this Rayanna and have enjoyed every excerpt you have shared. Oh dear she certainly is a firery red head lol. Somehow I think she will regret her rant.

    Thank you for hosting Kathryn :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.