Sunday, June 29, 2014

#SPeekSunday - 6/29/14 - A Dom's Dilemma - Jim asks for Kelly's trust #BDSM #Spanking

This is SCI SPANKS Week
For my SCI SPANKS post, please click HERE


He demanded her obedience, but what she wanted was his love.

It's Sneak Peek Sunday again and that means I get to share another 6 paragraphs from one of my books.  Yay!

My submission for this week is from my 4th book, A Dom's Dilemma, a BDSM/spanking novel that is sometimes playful, sometimes serious and sometimes terrifying, published by Blushing Books.  Kelly and Jim, the two main characters, were secondary characters in Arrested by Love.  Though this story stands on its own, if you read Arrested by Love, you'll most likely recognize some of the scenes, since we see a little bit of Kyle and Tiffany in this book, too.



In this excerpt, near the end of Chapter Five, Jim Evans and Kelly Franklin are together at "The Velvet Chains," a BDSM club where they met that evening.  Kelly is receiving some aftercare after a session of intensive medical play she did with Jim that seemed a lot more real than play.  Aftercare is an important part of the BDSM experience.  Both the Dom and the sub seek reassurance from the other.  Jim enjoys holding Kelly, and she likes being in his arms, so this is a quiet period of reflection and getting to know each other. Problem is, when Jim asks Kelly a question she really doesn't want to answer, her evasion serves as an admission she's lied to him.

Normally, a Dom would punish a sub for that infraction, but Jim has told Kelly he'll give her a onetime pass. Before they do anything else, however, he suggests they get to know each other a little better.  He begins by asking her some pertinent questions.  Kelly tells him her parents were killed in a 'break-in gone bad,.' and admits she was often chastised by the nuns.  However, when Jim asks what Kelly did once she left the orphanage, rather than answer she turns the tables by asking him how he learned so much about giving medical examinations.  He answers by telling her a fellow Dom, who was a physician, trained him.


            "He was a great teacher.  Showin' me if I missed somethin', or explainin' if I wasn't sure what I was lookin' at.  And sad as it is, many subs are abused by the men they trust.  However, Doc Mark had an uncanny ability to spot a girl in need of help and attention.  When he explained what he wanted to do, and why, a lot of 'em would balk out of fear.  Seems I sorta had a knack for gettin' the ladies to unfurl and display, even when they didn't want to.  Doc Mark said it was a gift, as most girls aren't into havin' amateurs messin' around with their plumbin'.
            "Since then, I've given every sub I considered playin' with on an ongoing basis, a physical exam.  Partly to make sure she wasn't hidin' anythin', and partly to see how well she obeyed while I did things she wasn't gonna like.  It's quite an ice breaker, wouldn't you say?"
            Kelly snorted in reply.  "I'd say it's much more than that, Sir.  Although I can see what you mean about trust building."
            "So, you think you can trust me now, Kelly girl?"
            After gazing at him for a moment, she risked running a hand through his hair to push his bangs back.  The shiny strands glided over her fingers like finely spun silk, then returned to their original position, as smooth and stubborn as their master.  She smiled, lightly blushing when he smiled in return, still waiting patiently for an answer to his question.  Her blush deepened.  "Yes, Sir.  You treated me with consideration and respect.  And even though you restrained me, you didn't try once to humiliate or hurt me."
            "I'm glad you think so, darlin'," he replied, his humor over her distraction evident in his voice.


Kelly knows she makes a lousy sub.  She has a temper and a mouth that constantly get her into trouble, but she sees something in Jim that makes her want more of the type of mastering only he could give her.


M/F, Kinky happenings in rural Connecticut.

A Dom's Dilemma is available for sale at Blushing Books in a variety of formats.  If you'd like to read more, I've provided a 3 chapter preview on my web site's Spanking Romance page.

Available as an eBook or in paperback!

Purchase the book directly from Blushing BooksAmazonARE

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed this brief excerpt and want more. Please click the link below to continue your hop Sneak Peek Sunday Wishing you a wonderful journey.

1 comment:

  1. I love this conversation between them. The trust has definitely got a foundation, and Jim's dominance is clear. Nicely done from Kelly's perspective.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers, so thank you for making my day! Writers with any thoughts at all (Naughty or otherwise) love comments, and I'm no exception.